Initiatives that respond to the health needs of our communities.
What is it?
Our community wellbeing, health promotion and population health initiatives respond to the priority health needs of our communities.
Overseen by Merri Health's community wellbeing team, current priorities under our health promotion strategic plan include:
- Preventing violence against women
- Social inclusion
- Access to affordable, nutritious food
We work in partnership with community members, local government, education and other providers to bring about better health and wellbeing for all.
Check out our Strategic Plan 2017-2021.
We work on initiatives within Moreland, with a focus on Fawkner.
Call 1300 637 744
What does health promotion look like at Merri Heath?
Our health promotion initiatives are delivered by two teams:
- youth health promotion team
- community health promotion team
What are we working on?
We work on many projects throughout the year. Below are some projects which our teams are currently working on.
- Reconciliation Action Plan
- Merri Health's gender equity project
- Ready, Set, Prep!
- Queer youth theatre known as YGLAM
- Urdu-speaking women’s group
- Count Me In – refugee and newly arrived sport participation
- Hello, Fawkner!
- The Community Grocer Fawkner
Learn about our work here.
These initiatives have been made possible with funding from the Victorian Government, the Australian Government Department of Social Services, and contributions from philanthropic organisations.