Initiatives that respond to the health needs of our communities.
What is it?
We respond to the health needs of our communities through a range of initiatives.
These initiatives are:
- collaborations with partners and communities
Our community wellbeing team oversee some of these initiatives. Read more about their work below.
Our organisation-wide initiatives take place across Victoria.
Initiatives by our community wellbeing team are mostly based in Merri-bek.
Call 1300 637 744
Community wellbeing team
Call 1300 637 744
Our community wellbeing, health promotion and population health initiatives respond to the priority health needs of our communities.
We work in partnership with community members, local government, education, early years and other service providers to bring about better health and wellbeing for all.
Check out our current Strategic Statement 2021-2025.
What are we working on?
We work on many different projects each year.
Recent projects include:
- Merri's Reconciliation Action Plan
- Hello, Merri-bek!
- Be Upstanding
- Needs Assessment Findings 2022: Active living, healthy eating and tobacco related harm in Merri-bek
The Community Wellbeing team also has a Community Engagement Framework 2021-23 to guide us in our community engagement activities.
Some of our past initiatives include:
- Speak Up, Speak Out
- Urdu speaking women's group
- Hello, Fawkner!
- The Community Grocer
- Food security in Moreland
- Healthy schools initiative
- Count Me In and Count Me In Too
- Ready, Set, Prep!
- Merri's gender equity project
- COVID-19 community engagement
- Queer youth theatre known as YGLAM
These initiatives have been made possible with funding from the Victorian Government, the Australian Government Department of Social Services, and contributions from Moreland Council and philanthropic organisations.