Working towards closing the gap through respect, equity and recognition of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
What is it?
Supporting the wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people through initiatives and projects that promote respect, equity and recognition.
What services do we have?
All our services are inclusive, safe and culturally appropriate however we have key services that have a dedicated Indigenous worker or are for the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community.
- Carers: help for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families.
- Victims Assistance Program: support from an Indigenous worker for victims of a violent crime, and their family.
- Support from the Koori community engagement officer.
Reconciliation Action Plan
The Reconciliation Action Plan formalises and consolidate Merri Health’s ongoing commitment and achievements to date, partnership with the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, and opportunities to identify new opportunities for growth and development.
What are we working towards?
- Making a positive difference in the lives and health of local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Ensuring we offer a culturally safe environment
- Improving service access and cultural appropriateness
- Improving their health and wellbeing through targeted initiatives
- Celebrating the contribution of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community members, both past and present
Call the Community Health Promotion Team on 9355 9900.
This project is an initiative of the Community Health Promotion Team.
This service is funded by the Victorian Government