Safe and welcoming schools
Supporting Merri-bek schools to create happy and healthy environments.
What is it?
Merri Health develops collaborative partnerships with primary and secondary schools in Merri-bek to create a healthy, inclusive and safe school environment for students, staff and families.
We support schools to review their policies, environment, curriculum, engagement strategies, student-led projects, school culture and referral pathways to ensure they promote wellbeing and prevent poor health.
Primary and secondary schools in Merri-bek.
Call the Youth Health Promotion Team on (03) 9355 9900.
How do we help?
- Help students, families and staff to identify, priorities and address health and wellbeing priorities
- Support development and implementation of health and wellbeing action plans
- Develop or review health and wellbeing policies and processes
- Apply a health and wellbeing lens in assessing a school social and physical environment, culture and curriculum
- Support student-led initiatives
- Connect schools with appropriate referral pathways with other relevant community services
- Evaluate programs and their impact on the health and wellbeing of the school community
Our work is evidence-based, and uses the internationally recognised Health Promoting Schools Framework.