Help for at-risk clients to manage their complex conditions.
What is it?
This is a service for people with chronic and complex medical conditions who regularly go to hospital because of their health.
We help you by providing education and services to improve your health and help you manage better at home. We can help you manage your condition and other issues like your medication and social supports, and like you to other services.
This service is provided by Merri Health with the Royal Melbourne Hospital and is called HARP Complex Care.
Who can use this service?
You can use this service if you:
- Have had at least one hospital admission in the last year, which was not planned
- Have been to the emergency department in the last year
- Have a high risk of going to hospital
- Live in the City of Melbourne, Moonee Valley or Moreland
Do I need a referral?
Yes. Your local GP can refer you by calling the Direct Access unit at the Royal Melbourne Hospital on (03) 8387 2217.
Make a booking
Contact The Royal Melbourne Hospital on (03) 9342 7000.
Where can I get more information about this service?
Call The Royal Melbourne Hospital on (03) 9342 4530 and talk to the HARP liaison team. They can help you with information about the service.
HARP Complex Care is a partnership between:
- Merri Health
- The Royal Melbourne Hospital
- North West Melbourne Primary Healthcare Network
- Royal District Nursing Service
This service is funded by the Victorian Government.