Family violence

Family violence2

Helping women and children recover from family violence.

What is it?

Counselling and support for women and children who have gone through, or are going through family violence.

We help you to recover from family violence, support your safety, help you to not feel alone and connect you to your community.

Who can use this service?

Women and children living, working or studying in Moreland who are affected by family violence.

Children must be aged between 0-18 years.


It's free.

Do I need a referral?

No. You do not need a referral to access this service. If you wish to access this service, visit The Orange Door, they can help and link you to other support services. 


See all locations.

Make a booking

More information

How can you help me?

The family violence counselor will:

  • Work to understand what you need
  • Work to keep you safe
  • Provide therapeutic counselling to help you heal and recover
  • Provide information and referrals to other supports and services
  • Refer you to support groups for women experiencing family violence

Where can I get more information about this service?

Call 1300 637 744 (MERRI H).

I speak another language other than English. Can you still help me?

Yes. We can organise an interpreter for free.

Who else can I call for help?

Call the Northern Domestic Violence Outreach Duty Service (Berry Street Victoria) on (03) 9450 4700.

This service is funded by the Victorian Government.

Vic gov logo