Community nursing

Comm nursing5

Health assessment, information and support.

What is it?

Help with a health and/or dementia assessment, continence advice and aids, information, funding application support and referral to other services. Some assessments are completed in the community.

Who can use these services?

People 65 years and over that:

- are living in the community with continence issues
- need support to improve their understanding of health conditions 
- have a Home Care Package and may be eligible for a dementia supplement 

We prioritise adults from marginalised and/or disadvantaged communities and anyone living in public housing. Newly arrived refugees living in Moreland are able to access this service.


There may be a cost for this service or it can be funded through a Home Care Package. Call us to find out more. 

Do I need a referral?

Yes. A referral is needed by My Aged Care or by your Home Care Package case manager. 


We can also visit you in your home. 

See all locations

Make a booking

For information call 1300 637 744 (MERRI H).

For a referral:

- Call My Aged Care on 1800 200 422. Tell them you want Merri Health as your preferred provider
- Talk to your case manager and ask for a referral

More information

What’s the difference between a community nurse and a nurse that works at a hospital or medical centre?

Community nurses help people to stay well or manage a health condition. They assess the client, offer advice about lifestyle and health options, and refer on to other health professionals who are experts in their field, such as dieticians or counsellors. Nurses in hospitals and medical centres tend to work more with people who are already sick.

Where can I get more information about this service?

Call 1300 637 744 (MERRI H). We can help you with information about eligibility for services and advice on which service will help you with your needs.

This service is funded by the Victorian Government.

Vic gov logo