Speech pathology

Child health Speech pathology2

Assessment and therapy for children with communication difficulties. 

What is speech pathology and how can it help my child? 

The speech pathologists at Merri Health work with children who have communication difficulties. 

We can provide assessment and therapy to help children who have problems with: 

  • using words and sentences
  • using clear speech 
  • understanding what others say 
  • stuttering 
  • voice difficulties. 

supports might include individual sessions, group therapy, a home program and/or monitoring. 

Who can use this service?

We see children:

  • before they go to school
  • have mild to moderate developmental concerns
  • live or attend early years services in Merri-bek

If this child has more significant delays in their development, referral to the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) Early Childhood Approach (ECA) may be required.


There is a fee for some of our services, based on income. 

Check our fees here.

Do I need a referral?

We ask you to complete a referral form to provide us with some information about your child. Click here to download the referral form. 


See all locations.

Where can I get more information about this service?

Call Service Access on 1300 637 744. They can help you with information about eligibility for services and advice on which service will help you with your needs.


This service is funded by the Victorian Government.

Vic gov logo