New Chronic Pain Management Service
Published Nov 17 2020
Merri Health has launched a new Chronic Pain Management Service for people aged 18 and over who have chronic/persistent pain and live in Hume, Darebin, Moreland, Yarra, Melbourne, Moonee Ponds or the Macedon Ranges area.
This community based service provides Allied Health active management with medical input in collaboration with The Royal Melbourne Hospital, The Northern Hospital and General Practitioners.
The service provides:
- An active management and biopsychosocial approach
- Options for individual, group and telehealth consultations
- Care coordination, physiotherapy and clinical psychology
- Medical consultation (if required) on site at Merri Health in partnership with The Royal Melbourne Hospital
- Options for involvement in case consultations/conferencing with the Chronic Pain Service staff.
The service is free for patients; however there may be a cost if they are referred to other disciplines/services at Merri Health.
Supported by the North Western Melbourne Primary Health Network, the service will run for 2 years.
A GP referral to the service is required. Find out more or download a referral form here.