Published Oct 13 2023
We are thrilled to be a finalist in the 2023 Victorian Public Healthcare Awards!
Our Chronic Pain Service (CPS) has been recognised in the ‘Care Closer to Home’ award category.
Chronic and persistent pain affects 1 in 5 Australians aged 45 and over. Alongside debilitating pain comes an increased risk of depression, anxiety, poor self-esteem and social isolation.
CPS is improving long-term health and wellbeing outcomes for clients, reducing care wait times and easing the pressure on hospital waitlists. 2022 data confirms the CPS' excellent results.
- 83% of patients reported making at least some overall improvement
- 77.8% reported an improvement in their physical abilities
- 60% reporting clinically significant improvement in anxiety
- 72.7% made a clinically significant improvement in how pain interferes with their daily life
- median wait times were 16.5 days, down from 28 days in March
- 100% respondents said the pain service positively influenced other areas of their life, work and/or relationships
- 100% would recommend the service to a friend
It was very effective! It has greatly helped me in managing my stress and anxiety related to pain and as a consequence reduced the pain itself.” - CPS client
We're proud of this achievement, the dedication and innovation shown by our team and the ongoing support of our funding partner North Western Melbourne Primary Health Network (NWMPHN).
The Victorian Public Healthcare Awards celebrate excellence in public healthcare and acknowledge the achievements of Victoria’s healthcare workers, volunteers, and public health services.
Winners will be announced at the Victorian Public Healthcare Awards Gala Night on 16 November 2023.