Published Dec 02 2022
The Merri Health Annual Report 2022 is now available. The report demonstrates our impact, achievements and the key challenges our organisation faced in the 2021-22 financial year.
Merri Health continued to grow in revenue and reach, expanded our services and increased access and supports for individuals and communities, while navigating the ongoing impacts of COVID-19.
This year’s report theme Celebrates our Partnerships in Care with consumers, community and more than 140 value-aligned organisations.
Merri Health CEO Tassia Michaleas said, “A key success this year has been our ability to continue to foster positive, collaborative partnerships with a broad range of key stakeholders that have improved health, social and community outcomes.”
“We are particularly proud that Merri Health was a Finalist for the Victorian Premier’s Primary Health Service of the Year Award in recognition of our vast and enhanced service offerings.”
Key achievements included:
- COVID-19 safety support, vaccination delivery and education
- launched our Smile Squad school dental program
- set up Assistive Technology library to support people with dementia
- grew our Chronic Pain service and reduced the burden on hospitals
- launched our Hello! Moreland program to build social cohesion in Merri-bek
- led the Elder Abuse Prevention Network across the north and west of Melbourne, and
- became an access point for the Hume-Moreland ‘Orange Door’ in response to family violence
- reached over 30,000 residents in Fawkner alone with community led events
- provided over 22,211 carers with support across Victoria
- increased employee engagement by 10%
The annual report was launched at our Annual General Meeting on 29 November, hosted by Board Chair Julie McCormack.