Who is eligible?
Anyone aged 18 and over that:
Has Type 1, Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in the adult or Type 2 diabetes mellitus.
- Has impaired glucose tolerance.
- Needs pre-diabetes education.
- Has post gestational diabetes.
Who is ineligible?
A person is ineligible if they:
- Are under 18 years of age – refer to Royal Children's Hospital on (03) 9345 5522.
- Have had an unplanned hospital presentation in the last 12 months and has unstable diabetes – refer to Cardiac and Respiratory Support.
- Need support with management of gestational diabetes or are pregnant and has diabetes – refer to Royal Women's Hospital on (03) 8345 2000.
A home visit will only be considered if a person is unable to attend any community appointments and live in Moreland.
How to refer
- Complete our patient referral form.
- Fax or email the completed form.
Fax: 03 9495 2599