Merri Mates - matching volunteers with people with a disability
What is it?
Merri Mates is a one-on-one social outreach program that matches volunteers with like-minded people with a disability based on mutual interest.
This program is for passionate people living with a disability who would like support with accessing the community, exploring their interests and connecting with like-minded people.
This is a 12 month pilot program that consists of planned social activities for a minimum of four hours per month.
Who can access this service?
You can use this service if you:
- Are an adult between 18 and 50 years old
- Are living with a mild to moderate disability
- Are able to move around the community without formal carers
- Are living in Moreland or surrounds
- Are willing and able to occasionally contribute feedback throughout 12 month pilot program – some focus groups and events, and to share experiences from program
This program is free.
Do you need a referral?
If you would like to be a volunteer who is matched with a person with a disability, you can get involved here.
This program is supported by Volunteering Australia and National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).