Dental care, treatment and information to keep your teeth healthy for life.
What is it?
We can help with:
- General dental care
- Dental treatment for pain relief
- Education and information to maintain good oral health
- False teeth
- Referral to the specialist services at the Royal Dental Hospital or other specialist services if required.
Who can access this service?
- Adults aged 18 years and over, who have a health care card, a pensioner concession card or is a dependent of a concession card holder. Please enquire for waitlist information
- All refugees and asylum seekers
We also offer priority access for some people. Find out more below.
There is a small cost. Check our fees here.
Do I need a referral?
No. You can access the dental service without a referral.
Make a booking
Call our dental team on 1300 637 744 (MERRI H) if you require emergency dental services or for other general dental enquiries.
Emergency dental enquiries can only be made phone Monday - Friday between 9am-12pm. One of our friendly receptionists will ask some questions regarding your condition. We do not offer walk-in appointments.
There is a waiting time for adults, however for any dental emergencies, adults are able to call and access our service to provide emergency treatment to relieve pain.
If you are eligible for public dental services, you may also be eligible for priority access.
We offer priority access to dental to:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders
- Please experiencing homelessness and people at risk of homelessness
- Pregnant women
- Refugees and asylum seekers
- Registered clients of mental health and disability services, supported by a letter of recommendation from their case manager or staff of special developmental school
- People missing their front teeth
- People living in a Supported Residential Service
If you are eligible for priority access, you will be offered the next available appointment for general care and will not be placed on the general waiting list
If you meet any of the above criteria, tell the receptionist when you call us to make an appointment.
What are people saying about our service?
“The dentist was extremely professional, down to earth, gentle, and to be quite honest, one of the best dentists I had dealings with in a long time. They take their time and ensure the patient leaves the clinic happy.”
"Once again the dental staff at the Merri Health provided value, added quality service and all the staff gave respect and courtesy throughout my visit."
This service is funded by Dental Health Services Victoria.