Living well, ageing well: social support for people aged 65 and over
Wellbeing support for people aged 65 and over.
What is it?
Diversional Therapy works with people who may be experiencing social isolation or loneliness, and addresses the 5 key wellbeing areas of social/emotional, sensory, cognitive, physical, cultural/spiritual which may impact health and wellbeing.
Our service is offered to people who are over the age of 65 (or 50 years and over for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander persons) living in the North Metro regions of Melbourne.
The service includes:
- Personally tailored packages of care based on your identified wellbeing goals and needs
- An initial consultation and 4 - 6 one-on-one sessions delivered at home
- Links to community engagement and volunteering opportunities
Please contact us for more detailed information or to discuss a package that suits your needs.
Who can use this service?
Anyone 65 years and over living in the Northern metropolitan areas.
Some fees may apply – please enquire.
Do I need a referral?
Yes, a referral to the program is through My Aged Care.
You can contact My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 and request a referral code for Merri Health, Living Well, Ageing Well (Diversional Therapy).
Support is provided over the phone, in your home and/or in the community.
Make a booking
- Call 1300 637 744 and speak to our Service Access team
- Email LivingWellAgeingWell@merrihealth.org.au