Access and support

Support coordination web

Supporting you to access the services you need.

What is it?

Short-term support for people who have difficulty finding out or applying for services, due to their diversity.

We support frail older people and people with a disability who need help to stay living at home, and their carer, or anyone with diverse needs or circumstances.

We will work in partnership with other people that support you like family, friends, your community, doctor and other health professionals. 

Who can use this service?

Anyone 65 years and over (50 years for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people)

If you're 64 years and under, see our Health Services page.


There is a small fee for some of our services. Some of our services are free.

Check our fees here.

Do I need a referral?

No. You do not need a referral to access this service.


  • Over the phone
  • In your home

See all Merri Health locations.

Make a booking

Call our intake team on 1300 637 744 (MERRI H).

More information

What is My Aged Care?

My Aged Care is the main entry point into the aged care system in Australia.

When you call them, tell them you want Merri Health as your preferred provider. My Aged Care will then arrange an assessment for you.

I need help calling My Aged Care

If you have a hearing or speech impairment, call the National Relay Service on 1800 555 677 and ask to be connected to 1800 200 422.

I need an interpreter to call My Aged Care

If you need an interpreter, call the Translating and Interpreting Service on 131 450 and ask to be connected to 1800 200 422.

Where can I get more information about this service?

Call 1300 637 744 (MERRI H). We can help you with information about eligibility for services and advice on which service will help you with your needs.

This service is funded by the Australian Government Department of Health. Visit the Department of Health website for more information. 

Although the funding for this service has been provided by the Australian Government, the material contained herein does not necessarily represent the views or policies of the Australian Government.