Reconciliation Action Plan
The Reconciliation Action Plan formalises and consolidate Merri Health’s ongoing commitment and achievements to date, partnership with the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, and opportunities to identify new opportunities for growth and development.
Endorsed by Reconciliation Australia, the RAP details 72 commitments Merri Health will action across four focus areas: Relationships, Respect, Opportunities, Governance.
Our Innovate RAP commitments include:
- Enhancing health and wellbeing outcomes by improving the cultural safety and accessibility of Merri Health services and programs
- Supporting local Aboriginal businesses to improve economic and social outcomes
- Working with partners to address race-based discrimination, including providing upstander training at local schools to build a community of allies to call out racism
- Improving employment outcomes by increasing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander recruitment, retention, professional development and student placements
- Celebrating Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and history to promote connection, collective pride and recognition
- Recognising Aboriginal Country names in addresses on Merri Health materials and mail to build recognition and respect