Published Jun 06 2023
What do local residents aged 55+ need to enjoy life more?
To help shape our Living Well, Ageing Well program, we reached out to current clients and community members at Men’s sheds, neighbourhood houses and Merri Health’s waiting rooms.
A specially developed survey asked what programs/workshops/seminars interested people. With over 30 survey responses, participants could attend a free LWAW session of their choice.
The survey results showed:
- 100% of participants wanted to increase their strength
- 83% would like to be more involved in their local community
- 70% wanted to learn good nutrition for their brain
- 60% wanted to feel less anxious and improve their sleep
- Digital hygiene and literacy are the skills people most want education on
In response to these results, we adapted the program by introducing a new seminar focusing on scam awareness and delivered workshops on food to help your mood.
To help people with their anxiety and sleep problems, we also developed a 6-week mindfulness workshop.
Want to join these programs? Email LivingWellAgeingWell@merrihealth.org.au