Published Sep 12 2022
Merri Health has been announced as a Finalist for the Premier’s Primary Health Service of the Year in the 2022 Victorian Public Healthcare Awards.
The annual awards recognise Victoria’s leading healthcare providers and celebrate high quality care, innovation and the contribution of the workforce in supporting the health of all Victorians.
Merri Health CEO Tassia Michaleas said: “We are absolutely thrilled to be named a finalist in the Victorian Public Healthcare Awards.
This is a real testament to the incredible work undertaken across our organisation to support many diverse communities, support community empowerment and seek innovative healthcare solutions.”
The award entries assess six criteria for excellence in healthcare delivery:
- providing sustainable, well managed and efficient health services
- providing timely and responsive health services
- providing least intrusive and earliest effective care
- improving health services safety and quality
- strengthening the capacity of individuals, families and communities through effective prevention and health promotion
- improving health and wellbeing for disadvantaged people and communities.
Merri Health is one of three finalists in the Premier’s Primary Health Service category.
Award winners will be announced Thursday 13 October at the 16th Victorian Public Healthcare Awards ceremony in Melbourne. Stay tuned!