Holiday recipe: Mango fruit cake
Published Dec 20 2016
Introducing Wellness Recipes!
Earlier this year we came together with our clients to put together some easy, delicious and refreshing summer recipes. A collection of recipes from our diverse communities, we have a little of everything!
In the festive spirit, we’d like to share the mango fruit cake recipe that was contributed by Ellen Found.
Give the recipe and try and let us know how it goes. We would love to see your creations! Tag us on Facebook @MerriHealth or hashtag #WellnessRecipes
Mango fruit cake recipe
- 800g canned mangoes
- 1 cup of mango juice
- 500g mixed fruit
- 3 eggs
- 1½ teaspoons of bicarb soda
- 1½ cups of self-raising flour
- Pre-heat oven to moderate temperature.
- Line a 20cm round cake tin with baking paper and place aside.
- Drain and chop mangoes.
- Combine chopped mangoes with mixed fruit in saucepan. Add 1 cup of mango juice and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Mix eggs and soda together and add to cooled fruit mix (if the mixture is too hot, the eggs will curdle!)
- Fold in self-raising flour.
- Place in prepared tin and bake for 1 hour.
Wrap up the cake and keep in the fridge for it to last longer!
Buy a copy
Our team is currently selling the recipe book which includes 23 savoury and 10 sweets, easy-to-make recipes for $10. Email email@example.com or Natasha.Rose@merrihealth.org.au to get your copy! All proceeds are put back into the aged program to support our elderly clients and their activities.