Carers: An introduction to dementia
- Sep 11 2018
- 5.30pm - 8.30pm
- Merri Health. Entrance 2, Level 2, 110 Chifley Drive, Preston 3072
Carers, join us during Dementia Awareness Month, to learn more about what it is like to live with dementia.
This event will focus on general information to assist carers and family members to better understand dementia and services available.
Presented by Dementia Australia and CarerLinks North staff, the session will cover:
- What is dementia?
- The causes and symptoms of dementia
- Typical changes that may occur for someone living with dementia
- Services available: dementia specific, carer support and general aged support services
- Information / education opportunities and resources available.
- Light refreshments
- In-home respite can be provided if requested at the time of RSVP
- A contribution towards the cost of transport may be available
Tell us know if you have any dietary requirements or need the support of an interpreter.
Car parking available on site.
By Tuesday, 4 September 2018
Call: Dementia carer consultants on 03 9495 2575