Carers: Understanding medications
- Jun 28 2017
- 9.30am - 1.00pm
- CarerLinks North, Entrance 2, Level 2, 110 Chifley Drive, Preston
An informative session for carers and family of a person living with dementia or
memory loss. Presented by Jenny Gowan (PhD), 2016 Australian Consultant Pharmacist of the Year.
What will I learn?
- Understand the difference between medications that treat dementia and medications that treat symptoms of dementia
- Learn about the effects that medicines may have on symptoms of dementia
- Gain confidence to ask your doctor or pharmacist questions about medications
- Learn about accessing a Home Medicine Review
Who is this for?
Carers and family of a person living with dementia or memory loss who live in the Northern metropolitan region of Melbourne.
By Wednesday, 21 June
Call: Michaela on 03 9495 2575 or Anna on 03 9495 2553
In-home respite and/or a contribution towards the cost of transport may be available upon request when you RSVP.
Lunch provided from 12.00pm - 1:00pm. Please tell us if you have any dietary requirements or if you need an interpreter.