- Oct 02 2018
- 9.30am - 12.30pm
- Merri Health. Entrance 2, level 2, 110 Chifley Drive, Preston 3072
Presented by Alissa Westphal, lecturer in dementia care at the University of Melbourne, this session will focus on the abilities and interests of the person living with dementia.
- Focus on and celebrate the retained skills of people living with dementia
- Understand the importance of meaningful engagement and how to incorporate it into everyday routines
- Identify meaningful activities that family and friends can do with the person with dementia
- Find resources and tools that can support meaningful engagement for the person you are caring for
This is a great session for family members to attend as well!
Morning tea provided. Please let us know if you have any dietary requirements.
In-home respite and/or a contribution towards the cost of transport may be available upon request.
Please let us know if you require an interpreter.
Call: (03) 9495 2500