- Mar 15 2017
- 9:30am - 3:45am
- Rivers of Yarrambat. 28 Kurrak Road, Yarrambat
Are you caring for someone with dementia? Join us for an educational workshop.
We invite carers and family members of a person affected by dementia or memory loss, who live in the Northern metropolitan region of Melbourne.
Caring for someone with dementia can be challenging. Knowing how to manage changes in behaviour caused by dementia and ways to look after yourself can make it easier.
Morning session presented by Alzheimer’s Australia Victoria:
- Carer introduction to dementia
- Carer communication strategies and problem-solving approaches to manage changes in behaviour.
Afternoon session facilitated by an art therapist:
- Learn new strategies to manage carer stress through art therapy.
- No art skills required – all tools and equipment provided!
In-home respite and/or a contribution towards the cost of transport may be available upon request when you RSVP. Please tell us if you have any dietary requirements or if you need an interpreter.
By Tuesday. 7 March
Call: (03) 9495 2553 or (03) 9495 2575