Carers: Caring, mood and food
- Feb 20 2020
- 11am - 2pm
- Merri Health – CarerLinks North Entrance 2, Level 2, 110 Chifley Drive, Preston 3072
Timing includes lunch. Please allow time to arrive. The session will start at 11am sharp.
If you are supporting someone who is aged, living with a disability, mental illness or chronic illness and living in the northern metropolitan region of Melbourne, you are a carer. This workshop is for you!
Come along to this workshop and learn how food and nutrition can affect your mood and mental health. This
workshop will cover:
- Food and lifestyle choices and how they effect mental health and mood
- A low mood can affect how you manage your caring role – learn how to overcome this through the food you eat
- Explore nutrients that will help to prevent depression and increase happy hormones
- Learn how to manage sugar cravings and energy levels to prevent that 3pm slump
- Create a meal plan that will help you achieve a good mood and prevent depression
In home respite and/or a contribution towards the cost of transport may also be available upon request.
RSVPs are essential by Monday 17 February 2020.
PH: 9495 2500