- Mar 16 2020
- 11am - 1pm
- Abbotsford Convent, The Packing Room, 1 St Heliers Street Abbotford VIC 3067
This session is for carers and the person in their care living with Dementia, who are living in the northern metropolitan region of Melbourne.
Art activities such as painting, drawing and sculpting are common hobbies. These activities are ways people may choose to relax. Art also provides a way to reach inside ourselves, to express our thoughts and feelings that we may not be able to do so in any other way.
This workshop will explore:
- Why art engages a person living with dementia and how it is useful
- Practical art activities (hands on)
- How to choose activities that engage the person you care for
- Practical tips to take home
This session will be presented by an Art Therapist and staff from CarerLinks North. Please tell us if you have any dietary requirements or if you need an interpreter. In home respite and/or a contribution towards the cost of transport may be provided if requested at the time of RSVP.
RSVPs are essential by Tuesday 10 March 2020.
Ph: 03 9495 2500