Refusal of service and support

Why have I been refused a service?

We may refuse to provide a service if you are not eligible for that service.

There are times when we may have to cancel your service. This may happen if you have caused distress to other clients, staff or volunteers.

I don't want to attend my service or group anymore. What can I do?

It is up to you if you want to access our services. If you don't want to use our service, come to a group or want to stop treatment, just tell us.

This will not affect any services you may need in the future.

We will follow up any concerns we may have about abuse or neglect of clients, carers or children.

I don't want to come to my appointment on my own. Can I bring a family member or friend?

Yes, you can choose to have a friend or family member with you when using our service. They can be there to support you, or if you wish, they can speak on your behalf.

You can also contact other organisations for help:

  • Disability Rights Victoria – (03) 9489 2999
  • Action of Disability within Ethnic Communities – (03) 9480 1666
  • Migrant Resource Centre – (03) 9496 0200
  • Elder Rights Advocacy – (03) 9602 3066