What is it?
Dental checks, care and treatment for your child. We also provide information to you and your child, to help your child develop healthy oral health habits and keep their teeth for life.
Who can access this service?
- All children aged 0-12
- Young people aged 13-17 years who hold a Health Care or Pension Concession Card, or dependents of concession card holders
- All children and young people up to 18 years of age, who are in out-of home care provided by the Children, Youth and Families division of the Department of Human Services
- All refugees and asylum seekers
All eligible children will be given the next available appointment.
- Free for children under 12
- Free for eligible children that can access the Child Dental Benefits Schedule
Do I need a referral?
No. You can access the dental service without a referral.
Make a booking
From Monday 17 August, emergency dental appointments can only be made phone. Walk-in appointments are not currently available due to COVID safety.
Call our dental team on 1300 637 744 (MERRI H).
Visiting the dentist
Here is a story about visiting the dentist to help your children become familiar and comfortable. Go through this story with your child so that they can know what to expect at their next dental appointment.
Download the dental story:
What are people saying about our service?
"I had my 6 year old's tooth filled by the dentist at Merri Health and they were quick and professional!"
"Once again the dental staff at the Merri Health provided value, added quality service and all the staff gave respect and courtesy throughout my visit."
This service is funded by Dental Health Services Victoria.