What is it?
Dental checks, basic dental care and treatment for your child. We also provide information to you and your child, to help your child develop healthy oral health habits and keep their teeth for life.
Who can access this service?
- All children aged 0-12
- All children eligible for the Medicare Child Dental Benefits Schedule
- Young people aged 13-17 years who hold a Health Care or Pension Concession Card, or dependents of concession card holders
- All children and young people up to 18 years of age, who are in out-of home care provided by the Children, Youth and Families division of the Department of Human Services
- All refugees and asylum seekers
All eligible children will be given the next available appointment.
- Free for children under 12
- Free for eligible children that can access the Child Dental Benefits Schedule
Do I need a referral?
No. You can access the dental service without a referral.
Make a booking
Emergency dental appointments can only be made by phone. Call our dental team on 1300 637 744 (MERRI H) to discuss your needs.
We do not offer walk-in appointments.
If you are a health care worker and would like to refer your client to us, please send us a referral by fax to 9387 5417.
Visiting the dentist
Here is a story about visiting the dentist to help your children become familiar and comfortable. Go through this story with your child so that they can know what to expect at their next dental appointment.
Download the dental story:
What are people saying about our service?
"I had my 6 year old's tooth filled by the dentist at Merri Health and they were quick and professional!"
"Once again the dental staff at the Merri Health provided value, added quality service and all the staff gave respect and courtesy throughout my visit."
This service is funded by Dental Health Services Victoria.