Education program for new parents
What is it?
Family Foundations is a 10 session program for parenting partners who have, or are expecting, a baby.
Two qualified and experienced parent coaches will work with you and your partner (or whoever you are co-parenting with) in your home or online.
You will learn about:
- How to strengthen your relationship with your partner and build a strong parenting team
- How to adjust to your new role as a parent
- How to match your parenting to your baby’s unique temperament
- How to help your baby feel secure, which is important for their future mental health
Who can use this service?
- Is having a baby
- Has a baby under 12 months old
- Is part of a parenting team. The team may be a couple or parenting partners which may include an ex-partner, a grandparent or a friend.
Priority is given to people living in the northern and western suburbs of Melbourne (Wyndham, Brimbank, Moreland and Hume), however our Family Foundations team works online with clients outside these areas.
Do I need a referral?
No. You do not need a referral to access this support.
We will visit you in your home or deliver sessions online.
Make a booking
Call our Family Foundations Intake Worker on 9355 9901 or email email@example.com.
View our brochure
Download our brochure here to find out more about Family Foundations.
What is a parent coach?
A parent coach is an experienced and trained staff member from Merri Health.
When should I join?
We recommend doing 5 sessions before baby arrives and 5 after baby comes home. If you already have baby at home, you can still jump on board!
What if I can’t meet at the same time every week?
That’s not a problem! We are flexible about our visiting times and will negotiate to fit in with your family circumstances.
I’m finding it hard to leave my home with a new-born baby. Can you still help me?
Yes. You don’t have to leave your home to attend the program – we come to you!
How do I know if this program is right for me?
We can talk through your needs and work out if it’s right for you.
This service is funded by the Victorian Government and is supported by the Murdoch Children's Research Institute.