Home Care Packages
Helping you stay living in your home and community for longer.
What is a Home Care Package?
A Home Care Package (HCP) provides subsidised services and support to older people who have complex or changing needs. It is designed to help you manage your health and well-being, help you live safely and independently at home, and help you stay connected with your community.
Home Care Packages are designed to support older adults with more complex care needs beyond the entry level support that the Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) can provide.
Merri Heath is a registered Home Care Package Provider that can help you utilise your Home Care Package Funding to ensure you are receiving the care and support you need.
Who can use this service?
- live in North Western Metropolitan Melbourne
- want to stay living in your home
- be at high risk of being admitted to residential care
- need ongoing case management to plan, coordinate, monitor and match services to your care needs
- live alone or have a carer who needs support to maintain their caring role
- have complex needs and need flexible and/or more services than are currently available
- need services or resources that are not currently available through other programs
- need support, advocacy or monitoring to stay living at home.
What do we offer?
- An annual assessment and care plan review to ensure your support and care services align with your needs.
- Case Management
- Service coordination
- Allied Health and Nursing Services:
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Pathology
- Exercise Physiology
- Community Nursing – General assessments, Dementia Supplement assessments and Continence assessments.
- Diversional Therapy
- Support to access:
- Personal care assistance, including showering
- Meals and food preparation
- Gardening and home maintenance
- Personal alarms and other aids to maintain your independence
- In-home respite
- Shopping assistance
- Transport assistance to attend appointments etc
- Support to access social and recreational activities
Whether you require a little bit of help or a lot, a home care package can help you live life to the fullest, whatever that means to you.
You can download the fees as a PDF document.
An income-tested fee may apply for a Home Care Package. This is assessed through Centrelink.
Do I need a referral?
To access a Home Care Package an assessment is required through the Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) and can be arranged through My Aged Care (MAC). Please call MAC on 1800 200 422 and tell them that you want Merri Health as your preferred provider and they will arrange an assessment for you.
For more information about MAC please visit their website www.myagedcare.gov.au.
Support is provided in your home and community.
See all Merri Health locations.
Talk to us about your Home Care Package needs
Please call the Merri Health Home Care Packages Team on 8319 7430.
I need help calling My Aged Care
If you have a hearing or speech impairment, call the National Relay Service on 1800 555 677 and ask to be connected to 1800 200 422.
I need an interpreter to call My Aged Care
If you need an interpreter, call the Translating and Interpreting Service on 131 450 and ask to be connected to 1800 200 422.
This service is funded by the Australian Government Department of Health. Visit the Department of Health website for more information.
Although the funding for this service has been provided by the Australian Government, the material contained herein does not necessarily represent the views or policies of the Australian Government.