Helping you stay living in your home and community for longer.
What is it?
Support to help frail older people who have complex or changing care needs, to stay living in their home and community for longer. This service is known as home care packages.
Who can use this service?
- Live in North Western Metropolitan Melbourne
- Want to stay living in your home
- Be at high risk of being admitted to residential care
- Need ongoing case management to plan, coordinate, monitor and match services to your care needs
- Live alone or have a carer who needs support to maintain their caring role
- Have complex needs and need flexible and/or more services than are currently available
- Need services or resources that are not currently available through other programs
- Need support, advocacy or monitoring to stay living at home
An income-tested fee may apply. This is assessed through Centrelink.
Do I need a referral?
Yes, you will need to contact My Aged Care first to access this service.
Support is provided in your home and community.
Make a booking
- For information call 1300 637 744 (MERRI H).
- For referral call My Aged Care on 1800 200 422. Tell them you want Merri Health as your preferred provider.
How can this service support me?
Packages are tailored to your personal independence goals. We can help with:
- Service coordination
- Personal care assistance, including showering
- Gardening and home maintenance
- Nursing support
- Personal alarm support
- In-home respite
- Transport assistance
- Support to access social and recreational activities
Whether you require a little bit of help or a lot, a home care package can help you live life to the fullest, whatever that means to you.
I need help calling My Aged Care
If you have a hearing or speech impairment, call the National Relay Service on 1800 555 677 and ask to be connected to 1800 200 422.
I need an interpreter to call My Aged Care
If you need an interpreter, call the Translating and Interpreting Service on 131 450 and ask to be connected to 1800 200 422.
This service is funded by the Australian Government Department of Health. Visit the Department of Health website for more information.
Although the funding for this service has been provided by the Australian Government, the material contained herein does not necessarily represent the views or policies of the Australian Government.