Home Care Packages

Support at home4

Helping you stay living in your home and community for longer.

What is it?

Support to help frail older people who have complex or changing care needs, to stay living in their home and community for longer. This service is known as home care packages.

Along with being a registered Home Care Package provider, Merri Health also offers fee for service Allied Health and Nursing services to our Home Care Package clients and external Home Care Package Providers. If you wish to be referred to our Allied Health and Nursing services, you can request your Home Care Package case manager / care advisor make a referral to us for your needs.

Who can use this service?

You must:

  • live in North Western Metropolitan Melbourne
  • want to stay living in your home
  • be at high risk of being admitted to residential care
  • need ongoing case management to plan, coordinate, monitor and match services to your care needs
  • live alone or have a carer who needs support to maintain their caring role
  • have complex needs and need flexible and/or more services than are currently available
  • need services or resources that are not currently available through other programs
  • need support, advocacy or monitoring to stay living at home.

The Allied Health and Nursing services we can provide include:

  • Physiotherapy
  • Occupational Therapy
  • Speech Pathology
  • Exercise Physiology
  • Community Nursing – General assessment’s, Dementia Supplement assessment’s and Continence assessments.
  • Podiatry
  • Dietetics
  • Diversional Therapy.


You can download the fees as a PDF document.

An income-tested fee may apply for a Home Care Package. This is assessed through Centrelink.

You can also access our Allied Health and Nursing pricelist here.

Do I need a referral?

Home Care Packages - yes, you will need to contact My Aged Care first to access this service.

Allied Health and Nursing services - If you already have a Home Care Package and you want to be referred to our Allied Health and Nursing services, you can find the referral form here. 


Support is provided in your home and community.

See all Merri Health locations.

Make a booking

  • For information call 1300 637 744 (MERRI H).
  • For referral call My Aged Care on 1800 200 422. Tell them you want Merri Health as your preferred provider.

More information

How can this service support me?

Packages are tailored to your personal independence goals. We can help with:

  • Service coordination
  • Personal care assistance, including showering
  • Gardening and home maintenance
  • Nursing support
  • Personal alarm support
  • In-home respite
  • Transport assistance
  • Support to access social and recreational activities

Whether you require a little bit of help or a lot, a home care package can help you live life to the fullest, whatever that means to you.

I need help calling My Aged Care

If you have a hearing or speech impairment, call the National Relay Service on 1800 555 677 and ask to be connected to 1800 200 422.

I need an interpreter to call My Aged Care

If you need an interpreter, call the Translating and Interpreting Service on 131 450 and ask to be connected to 1800 200 422.

This service is funded by the Australian Government Department of Health. Visit the Department of Health website for more information.

Although the funding for this service has been provided by the Australian Government, the material contained herein does not necessarily represent the views or policies of the Australian Government.