I'm part of a school, group or organisation.
To create a safe space, visuals are key!
What do people see when they enter your space, building or other? Do you have messages or visuals like the rainbow flag to show it's a safe and inclusive space for LGBTIQA+ identifying people?
If not, or if you'd like to update any that you already have on display:
- Download and display a Safe Spaces poster or pick one up at one of our sites
- Download and display a Safe Spaces sticker or pick one up at one of our sites and pop it on your laptop, iPad, diary or other
We have also released static stickers that you can pick up at our sites. Static stickers can be moved around if needed and are perfect to place on your car or building window, and they don't leave residue!
These visual items are just the beginning. We encourage you to have a look at our educational resources to see how you can dive a little deeper to create a safe space.
It's just me!
To show you're an ally:
- Download and display a Safe Spaces sticker or pick one up from one of our sites and pop it on your laptop, iPad, diary or other.
- Download a Safe Spaces social media tile and share it on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to share what it means to you
- Download our pronouns social media tile and share it on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Don't assume someone's pronoun: ask and share your pronoun. If the person you've asked doesn't understand, ask them how you can refer to them – he/him/his, she/her/hers, they/them/theirs
- Download our folx social media tile and share it on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to educate that some people prefer the term
- Download our ally phone screen to show your ally-ship
- Take your photo with our window decal and share on socials
- Use the #RainbowHealthMatters hashtag
- Wear an ally badge – pick one up at one of our Merri Health sites