Who is eligible?
- Is willing to travel to Coburg, Brunswick, Glenroy or Fawkner for centre-based appointments.
- Is a Department of Veteran Affairs client – a referral form from a GP is needed.
- Has an active foot ulcer and does not need tertiary care.
Home visits must be discussed with our team.
Refer directly to the Royal Melbourne Hospital if they have:
- signs of systemic infection, such as feeling unwell or a high temperature
- a chronic wound infection – the infections needs more than two courses of antibiotics
- a wound that has exposed tendon or bone
- peripheral arterial disease.
Who is ineligible?
- Is aged 0-8 who has a foot, lower limb or gait condition that is not related to a skin and nail condition – refer to the Little feet and legs clinic.
- Lives in a nursing home (high level care).
Home visits may be possible. Speak to our team.
How to refer
64 and under
- Complete our patient referral form
- Fax the completed form
65 and over (50 years and over for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people)
Call My Aged Care on 1800 200 422.
Tell them you want Merri Health as your preferred provider.