Who is eligible?
- Has been newly diagnosed with asthma.
- An established diagnosis of asthma.
- Has episodes of wheezing and a family history of asthma and/or atopies.
- Is regularly prescribed respiratory puffers by their GP.
- Experiences shortness of breath during thunderstorms, high pollen count and/or bush fires.
Anyone that is under 16 years must be accompanied by an adult or carer.
Appointments are centre-based only. Anyone that lives in a nursing home (high level care) can attend with a carer.
Who is ineligible?
A person is ineligible if they:
- Are an asylum seeker. There is a dedicated service available through the Cardinia Asylum Seeker Centre at Sydney Road, Coburg.
- Have had an unplanned hospital presentation in the last 12 months and/or has unstable diabetes. They will need to be referred to the Cardiac and Respiratory Support service.
How to refer
- Complete our patient referral form.
- Fax or email the completed form.
Fax: 03 9495 2599