Children with disabilities


Helping children with development delay or a disability.

What is it?

MerriKids support children with a development delay or disability to learn, develop and reach their full potential. 

We’ll work with your family when and where it suits you, including at home, at childcare, kindergarten, school and other community settings.

Who can access this service?

Anyone that is:

  • Aged 0 to end of first year Prep or Foundation,
  • Has a disability or developmental delay


Self-funded or with an NDIS plan

  • Therapy $182.74 per hour
  • Children’s groups $60.92 per hour
  • Parent training groups $57.32 per hour 

Do I need a referral?

No, you do not need a referral but you will need a current NDIS plan. If you are unsure of your eligibility, call the NDIS on 1800 800 110. 

For questions, speak to our NDIS community engagement coordinator. 

  • Call 1300 637 744 (MERRI H)
  • Email


Our team is based in Preston but we work with your family at locations that are suitable for you, like your home, childcare, kindergarten, school and other community settings.

See all Merri Health locations.

Get in touch

For questions, eligibility or if you have a plan and are not sure what to do next, speak to our NDIS community engagement coordinator.

  • Call 1300 637 744 (MERRI H)
  • Email


More information

What supports do you provide?

We have a team of professionals including early childhood teachers, speech pathologists, occupational therapists and a physiotherapist.

Find out how MerriKids has helped Gabby and her son.

What is the National Disability Insurance Scheme?

The National Disability Insurance Scheme (known as the NDIS) is a new national Government initiative for people living with a permanent and significant disability. The scheme provides lifelong support, where people have more choice and control over how they receive services. Supports may include allied health and therapy services, equipment, personal care, domestic help, and getting involved in the community.

This service is funded by the Victorian Government

Vic gov logo