Improving school readiness for children and their families in Fawkner, Glenroy and Hadfield.
What is it?
Ready, Set, Prep! prepares children and their families for a great start to primary school.
We work with community members, primary schools and early years providers to support early learning, family engagement and transition to primary school. When services and families work together, children are supported to have a smooth transition to primary school.
Some programs that fall under Ready, Set, Prep! are free, and some require a fee. Contact us for more information.
- Wurundjeri Woi Wurrung | Fawkner
- Wurundjeri Woi Wurrung | Glenroy
- Wurundjeri Woi Wurrung | Hadfield
- Call our Youth Health Promotion Team on 1300 637 744
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready, Set, Prep! video series
Click to view a series of informative videos detailing the importance of early childhood learning
Ready, Set, Prep! posters
Click to download the journey to primary school poster in your preferred language.
Ready, Set, Prep! Theory of Change
View the Theory of Change 2021-22, which outlines our vision and activities.
Ready, Set, Prep! is a collaborative initiative between Merri Health, local schools, kindergartens, early years services and community settings.
Ready, Set, Prep!:
- engages families in early years education
- improves transition processes between schools and early years services
- improves referral pathways for families that might have concerns about their child’s development or other issues related to school readiness.
The project also shares important messages with the community about starting primary school, the benefits of early learning including kindergarten, play-based learning, maternal and child health checks, family engagement in learning and other issues related to early childhood development and starting school.
View the Sooner or Later: School starting age in Fawkner summary report.
The project has been made possible with funding from the Helen Macpherson Smith Trust and funding by the Victorian Government.