- Employment status: Volunteer
- Closing date: 30 September 2018
- Department: Human Resources
- Location: Fawkner
- Contact: Adam Roden
- Title: Volunteer Coordinator
- Contact phone: 03 8319 7437
- Contact email: Adam.Roden@merrihealth.org.au
- Position description: Volunteer Fawkner Community Grocer
About the role
Volunteer Fawkner Community Grocer
Merri Health has established a vibrant community market in Fawkner which offers accessible and affordable fresh fruit and vegetables to the local community. Please come and support the market so that the community can continue to have access to a vital source of healthy and affordable nutrition.
We are currently seeking enthusiastic, community minded volunteers to help support the continuation of the weekly market.
Volunteers are required to be available on Wednesday mornings to assist with various aspects of the market such as set up, customer service, and pack up. There are also possible one-off opportunities such as special market days, marketing and promotion, and other opportunities as they arise.
It's a great way to chat with the locals and to be involved in something that is genuinely of benefit to others.
Experience and attributes:
- Cross cultural and interpersonal skills
- An interest in community development and/or health promotion
- The Fawkner community is culturally diverse and we would encourage individuals who speak Italian, Arabic or Urdu to come and help your local community
- Volunteering at the grocer also suits students who are studying or have an interest in health promotion, community health, community development, food security, business, social enterprise, nutrition, sustainability and more.
Successful applicants will be required to have a current National Police Check and, if relevant to the position, a Working With Children Check and full Drivers Licence. All candidates must have the right to work in Australia. Working with Children Checks are free for Volunteers, and Merri Health provide instructions for obtaining a police check clearance and we also cover the cost for volunteers who require one.
We also provide training at no cost to our volunteers on food handling, manual handling and more if you would like to be involved and gain as much as you can from this rewarding experience!
Merri Health is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals of diverse backgrounds including but not limited to those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse and GLBTIQ community to apply.
How to Apply
Please submit your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, 30 September 2018.
If you are interested, friendly, work well in a team, and/or have existing customer service skills we would love to hear from you!