Share your experience!
Let's work together to improve services and health outcomes for our communities.
We welcome your participation in our Consumer Representative team and value your experiences and what you have to say.
What is a Consumer?
Consumers are people who use any type of health services. To be considered a Merri Health Consumer you or your family member need to have used our health services/programs.
What is a Consumer Representative?
A Consumer Representative is a person who agrees to provide advice to improve health services at Merri Health and beyond. Use your own experience and views as well as other consumers!
What activities can I participate in?
- partner with us in co-design events and activities. Co-design is where we work together to come up with solutions that benefit everyone
- advocate for people and issues you care about
- have your say about our services and local health issues
- give us feedback about your experiences
- join our Pilot Consumer Advisory Committee, find out more here
- meet other community members (morning tea's etc.)
- share ideas about your passions - our team may be able to support you with ideas on how to bring them to life.
You get to choose what you participate in depending on your interest and availability.
It's free and voluntary. In some instances, Merri Health will provide reimbursements for out-of-pocket costs and/or a small payment for your contribution.
To be a Consumer Representative:
- you are interested in helping us improve the quality of our services and programs
- you or one of your family members or carer have used our services (currently or in the past)
- you must be 18 years old or over.
How do I get involved?
We would love to have you on board! Check out our Consumer Representative Flyer.
If you’re interested, please fill out the expression of interest online form here or download the hard copy form here and:
- send to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or
- post to Engage, Wurundjeri Woi Wurrung, Ground floor, Unit 4, 19 Pentridge Boulevard, Coburg 3058 or,
- hand it to a staff member (same address as above).
You will be contacted in the next 2 weeks to let you know that we got your application.
If you have any questions, please call 1300 637 744. Ask for the Community Engagement team at Merri Central.
You can also email us at email@example.com
*Please note, currently you can only participate if:
- you have used our services
- your family member(s) have used our services
- you have a carer who has used our services.
If you haven’t accessed our services and would like to find out about other ways you can get involved, please visit www.merrihealth.org.au/get-involved/volunteering/