Your new organisation
At Merri Health, we strive to enrich diverse communities through the provision of quality health care and support services. A career at Merri will see you contributing to a culture that affects change for our clients and the wider community. We are committed to supporting the talent and skills of our employees because we know their capability is the key to our success.
Your new role
As part of the Dental Team at Merri Health, you will be responsible for:
- Providing compassionate, effective and efficient oral health services within guidelines specified by DHSC, including appropriate waiting list management
- Provision of services within scope of practice including extended scope,adult examinations, basic adult restorative treatment and placement of stainless steel crowns
- Participating in the provision of outreach dental services, screening, early detection and oral health promotion
- Supporting the implementing dental programs associated with alternative funding streams, including Medicare-funded Dental programs (or exploring private practice options)
Based at our Brunswick site, this is a permanent part-time position with a 0.6 EFT. To be considered for this position, applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
What you’ll need to succeed
To be successful with Merri you will go above and beyond to achieve great results for our clients, the organisation and yourself. We’re looking for individuals with:
- Bachelor of Oral Health and Graduate Certificate in Dental Therapy (Advanced Clinical Practice) or equivalent qualification and current AHPRA Registration
- High level of clinical competence and a demonstrated commitment to the provision of appropriate, high quality dental services with a focus on public health principles
- Excellent understanding of Infection Control Procedures
- Demonstrated understanding of complexities associated with culturally and linguistically diverse communities
- Qualification and competence in the taking and interpreting intra oral radiographs and extra-oral radiographs
What we offer
You will have the opportunity to be part of a dental team who provides high quality and efficient dental services to eligible patients. In addition, be exposed to ongoing clinical supervision and professional development opportunities, with excellent salary packaging benefits and flexibility of part time hours.
We offer a diverse, inclusive and flexible environment which encourages you to bring your whole self to work. As the successful applicant you’ll be joining an organisation where you will be supported to grow, learn and develop your skills to reach your potential.
What you need to do now
Start by reviewing the attached position description. If this peaks your interest, take a few minutes to learn more about us on our website. If you have any questions, please contact Jonathan Teoh, Manager, Dental Services on (03) 9389 2277 or Jonathan.Teoh@merrihealth.org.au
When you’re ready to apply, please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Applications close 5pm, 26 July 2019.
Please note that due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates may be contacted.
What else do I need to know
Successful applicants will be required to have a current National Police Check and, if relevant to the position, a Working with Children Check, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check and full Drivers Licence.
Merri Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring a safe environment for children and young people. We encourage individuals of diverse backgrounds including but not limited to those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, the GLBTIQ community and those living with a disability to apply.