Based at Glenroy, Epping and other sites
- Full Time Position
- Fixed term to October 2020
Your new organisation
At Merri Health, we strive to enrich diverse communities through the provision of quality health care and support services. A career at Merri will see you contributing to a culture that affects change for our clients and the wider community. We are committed to supporting the talent and skills of our employees because we know their capability is the key to our success.
Your new role
As an Grade 2 Occupational Therapist of the Aged Specialist Services you will be responsible for:
Assessment of clients to identify current strengths and valued activities impacted by their altered capacity
- Skills training for clients, carers and direct care workers and carer support training
- The prescription of equipment (including funding applications) and recommendations for home modifications to enhance occupational performance
- Dementia specific interventions in the home environment for clients in the Memory and Dementia support service, including cognitive assessment and intervention
To be considered for this position, applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
What you’ll need to succeed
To be successful with Merri you will go above and beyond to achieve great results for our clients, the organisation and yourself. We’re looking for individuals with:
Minimum degree level qualification in Occupational Therapy
Clinical experience in community health, equipment prescription and home modifications
- An interest to work with clients who have dementia and memory loss
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills, including the ability to clearly explain complex ideas to clients with varying levels of health literacy
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to network and liaise with others and contribute effectively in a team environment
What we offer
The Occupational Therapist - Aged Specialist Services is funded by the Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP). Aged Specialist Services offers services to clients across two clinical streams - Rapid Reablement and the Memory and Dementia Support Service. You will have the opportunity to work with a wide range of clinical presentations with clients over 65 years of age, as well as CHSP entry level clients in the Independent Living Team.
We offer a diverse, inclusive and flexible environment which encourages you to bring your whole self to work. As the successful applicant you’ll be joining an organisation where you will be supported to grow, learn and develop your skills to reach your potential.
What you need to do now
Start by reviewing the attached position-description. If this peaks your interest, take a few minutes to learn more about us on our website. If you have any questions, please contact Daniel Calleja Team Leader, Aged Specialist Services, on (03) 9304 9208 or Daniel.Calleja@merrihealth.org.au
When you’re ready to apply, please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Applications close by 5pm 23 September 2019.
Please note that due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates may be contacted.
What else do I need to know
Successful applicants will be required to have a current National Police Check and, if relevant to the position, a Working with Children Check, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check and full Drivers Licence.
Merri Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring a safe environment for children and young people. We encourage individuals of diverse backgrounds including but not limited to those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, the GLBTIQ community and those living with a disability to apply.