Your new organisation
At Merri Health, we strive to enrich diverse communities through the provision of quality health care and support services. A career at Merri will see you contributing to a culture that affects change for our clients and the wider community. We are committed to supporting the talent and skills of our employees because we know their capability is the key to our success.
Your new role
A unique clinical leadership role that will develop and coordinate stepped care, evidence based approach for proactive intention and support the improved mental health and wellbeing of older adults experiencing mild to moderate mental health issues.
This role will:
- Establish a new service that engages older adults in healthy mind and positive ageing services
- Provide leadership to multidisciplinary team
- Provide an expert opinion regarding clinical decision making, risk management and treatment planning
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders across the cities of Moreland, Brimbank, Darebin and Melton
- Establish and demonstrate the efficacy of stepped care for older people
Based at our Coburg site, this is a full-time position, offered on a fixed term basis until September 2020. To be considered for this position, applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
What you’ll need to succeed
To be successful with Merri you will go above and beyond to achieve great results for our clients, the organisation and yourself. We’re looking for individuals with:
- An appropriately credential health professional with extensive experience in the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of mild to moderate mental illness for older people
- Demonstrated track record in leading a multidisciplinary team
- High level interpersonal skills
- Strong project management skills with a history of delivery on time, within budget and at high quality
- Experience in program evaluation
What we offer
You will have the opportunity to provide high quality and evidence based healthy mind ageing services. It is a unique opportunity to establish an innovative and evidence based service model that will address the psychosocial needs of older people that could be replicated in other community health settings.
We offer a diverse, inclusive and flexible environment which encourages you to bring your whole self to work. As the successful applicant you’ll be joining an organisation where you will be supported to grow, learn and develop your skills to reach your potential.
What you need to do now
Start by reviewing the attached position description. If this peaks your interest, take a few minutes to learn more about us on our website. If you have any questions, please contact Amelia Watkins, Business Development Manager, Aged & Primary care on (03) 8319 7466 or Amelia.Watkins@merrihealth.org.au
When you’re ready to apply, please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Applications close 22 July 2019, 5pm.
Please note that interviews for this position will be held on Monday 29 July 2019.
Due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates may be contacted.
What else do I need to know
Successful applicants will be required to have a current National Police Check and, if relevant to the position, a Working with Children Check, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check and full Drivers Licence.
Merri Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring a safe environment for children and young people. We encourage individuals of diverse backgrounds including but not limited to those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, the GLBTIQ community and those living with a disability to apply.