Your new organisation
At Merri Health, we strive to enrich diverse communities through the provision of quality health care and support services. A career at Merri will see you contributing to a culture that affects change for our clients and the wider community. We are committed to supporting the talent and skills of our employees because we know their capability is the key to our success.
Your new role
As an Counselor as part of the CarersLink Team you will be responsible for:
- Providing direct counseling to carers via face-to-face, structured telephone, internet and group work in accordance with relevant guidelines in a locum capacity
- Participating in the design, delivery and evaluation of group counseling sessions
- Maintaining professional case notes according to relevant policy and procedures
- Ensuring all reporting requirements are undertaken within given timelines
Based at our Preston site, this is a part-time (0.8 flexible days) position offered on an fixed term basis until November 2020. To be considered for this position, applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
What you’ll need to succeed
To be successful with Merri you will go above and beyond to achieve great results for our clients, the organisation and yourself. We’re looking for individuals with:
- Experience in providing individual counseling to clients with complex needs
- Knowledge of a broad range of therapeutic interventions and theoretical frameworks
- Experience working with clients from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team environment
What we offer
You will have the opportunity to participate in Merri Health's Carer Counselling Program that provides short term, person-centered counselling support for carers in the context of their family and caring situation.
We offer a diverse, inclusive and flexible environment which encourages you to bring your whole self to work. As the successful applicant you’ll be joining an organisation where you will be supported to grow, learn and develop your skills to reach your potential.
What you need to do now
Start by reviewing the attached position description. If this peaks your interest, take a few minutes to learn more about us on our website. If you have any questions, please contact Jacqueline Taylor, Senior Practitioner, Counselling and Dementia Services on (03) 9495 2551 or Jacqueline.Taylor@merrihealth.org.au
When you’re ready to apply, please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Please note that due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates may be contacted.
What else do I need to know
Successful applicants will be required to have a current National Police Check and, if relevant to the position, a Working with Children Check, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check and full Drivers Licence.
Merri Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring a safe environment for children and young people. We encourage individuals of diverse backgrounds including but not limited to those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, the GLBTIQ community and those living with a disability to apply.