Your new organisation
At Merri Health, we strive to enrich diverse communities through the provision of quality health care and support services. A career at Merri will see you contributing to a culture that affects change for our clients and the wider community. We are committed to supporting the talent and skills of our employees because we know their capability is the key to our success.
Your new role
As part of the Home Care Packages Team in the Aged Care division at Merri Health, you will be responsible for:
- Providing the aged population who want to stay at home with access to a range of ongoing personal services, support services, and clinical care that assists them with their day-to-day activities
- Promote and empower consumer participation and choice through the provision of effective, responsive, goal focused and outcomes based support to Home Care Package recipients.
- Effectively manage a caseload of clients, ensuring monthly targets are achieved in regards to contact hours and new business.
- Monitoring the effectiveness of care coordination and review as appropriate
Based at our Coburg site this is a full-time ongoing position. To be considered for this position, applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
What you’ll need to succeed
To be successful with Merri you will go above and beyond to achieve great results for our clients, the organisation and yourself. We’re looking for individuals with:
- Appropriate Qualification compliant with Australian Qualifications Framework (e.g. Diploma of Case Management and/or Community Services /Nursing/ or related field, or Tertiary Qualification in a health related field)
- Experience with Case Management, client assessment and care planning, in particular managing a caseload of clients from goal directed care principles and brokerage model of service delivery
- Financial skills to effectively develop and monitor package expenditure for a variety of clients within a framework of consumer directed care and choice supported by program guidelines and quality principles
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and as a member of an effective team, including networking capacity with a wide range of service providers and other relevant stakeholders
What we offer
You will have the opportunity to be part of a dedicated and skilled team, while actively supporting the continued growth of Merri Health's Home Care Package Service.
We offer a diverse, inclusive and flexible environment which encourages you to bring your whole self to work. As the successful applicant you’ll be joining an organisation where you will be supported to grow, learn and develop your skills to reach your potential.
What you need to do now
Start by reviewing the attached position description. If this peaks your interest, take a few minutes to learn more about us on our website. If you have any questions, please contact Christina Micallef Coordinator, Home Care and Healthy Ageing on (03) 8319 7465 or Christina.Micallef@merrihealth.org.au
When you’re ready to apply, please email your CV, statement addressing the key selection criteria and covering letter to email@example.com
Applications close by 5pm, Monday 17 June 2019.
Please note that due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates may be contacted.
What else do I need to know
Successful applicants will be required to have a current National Police Check and, if relevant to the position, a Working with Children Check, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check and full Drivers Licence.
Merri Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring a safe environment for children and young people. We encourage individuals of diverse backgrounds including but not limited to those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, the GLBTIQ community and those living with a disability to apply.