Your new organisation
At Merri Health, we strive to enrich diverse communities through the provision of quality health care and support services. A career at Merri will see you contributing to a culture that affects change for our clients and the wider community. We are committed to supporting the talent and skills of our employees because we know their capability is the key to our success.
Your new role
As part of the Reception Services team at Merri Health, your main responsibilities will include:
- Preparing and taking responsibility for the reception roster, ensuring coverage is maintained at all times
- Establishing and maintaining a casual pool of staff for backfill and overflow requirements
- Liaising with relevant service delivery managers identifying and responding to administrative support requirements
- Oversee the relationship and account with external interpreter provider/s
- Manage clerical resources in an effective and cost efficient manner
- Be a champion for excellent customer service, leading the team in providing an exceptional experience for our customers
- Ensuring a professional level of workstation, waiting area and personal presentation is maintained at reception
- Providing a welcoming and efficient front of house experience to customers through telephone, written and direct contact
Based across various Merri sites in the Northern Suburbs, this is a full time (1.0 EFT) position offered on an ongoing basis. In order to be considered for this position you must have the right to work in Australia.
What you’ll need to succeed
To be successful with Merri you will go above and beyond to achieve great results for our clients, the organisation and yourself. We’re looking for individuals with:
- Advanced customer service experience in a health setting or similar environment
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills including the ability to negotiate with influence
- Experience in leading, managing and supporting a team
- Demonstrated ability to relate well with employees, volunteers and customers from diverse social and cultural backgrounds
- Ability to prioritise, plan and organise workloads and managing multiple competing priorities
- High level of competency in Microsoft Office and health information management systems
What we offer
We offer a diverse, inclusive and flexible environment which encourages you to bring your whole self to work. As the successful applicant you’ll be joining an organisation where you will be supported to grow, learn and develop your skills to reach your potential.
What you need to do now
Start by reviewing the attached position description. If this peaks your interest, take a few minutes to learn more about us on our website.
If you have any questions, please contact Philip Pharonides, Acting General Manager People and Communications on (03) 8319 7423 or Philip.Pharonides@merrihealth.org.au.
When you’re ready to apply, email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close 20/01/2019.
Please note that due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates may be contacted.
What else do I need to know
Successful applicants will be required to have a current National Police Check and, if relevant to the position, a Working with Children Check, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check and full Drivers Licence.
Merri Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring a safe environment for children and young people. We encourage individuals of diverse backgrounds including but not limited to those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, the GLBTIQ community and those living with a disability to apply.