Your new organisation
At Merri Health, we strive to enrich diverse communities through the provision of quality health care and support services. A career at Merri will see you contributing to a culture that affects change for our clients and the wider community. We are committed to supporting the talent and skills of our employees because we know their capability is the key to our success.
Your new role
As part of the Prevention and Complex Care Team at Merri Health, you will be responsible for:
- Providing leadership and direction to Allied Health and Nursing staff
- Deliver high quality, good practice services to the community in line with Merri Health’s strategic direction
- Develop and implement innovative Musculoskeletal models of care
- Establish a coordinated approach to diabetes management
- Deliver service that is underpinned by a coordinated approach to care, consistent with good practice principles in Chronic Disease Management.
Based at our Bell Street site, this is a permanent part-time position to be worked four (4) days per week. To be considered for this position, applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
What you’ll need to succeed
To be successful with Merri you will go above and beyond to achieve great results for our clients, the organisation and yourself. We’re looking for individuals with:
- Tertiary qualification in Nursing or Allied Health
- Post Graduate Qualification or equivalent experience in relevant clinical area
- Demonstrated ability in leading a complex, multidisciplinary team
- Proven ability to develop and support the growth of others, including experience in both clinical and line management supervision
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in data collection and analysis
What we offer
You will have the opportunity to develop leadership and management skills in partnership with a motivated leadership team, as well as lead the delivery of high quality allied health and nursing services. In addition, there is the opportunity to develop and implement new models of care, in an environment which values innovation.
We offer a diverse, inclusive and flexible environment which encourages you to bring your whole self to work. As the successful applicant you’ll be joining an organisation where you will be supported to grow, learn and develop your skills to reach your potential.
What you need to do now
Start by reviewing the attached position description. If this peaks your interest, take a few minutes to learn more about us on our website. If you have any questions, please contact Jonathan Teoh, Manager Prevention & Complex Care on (03) 9389 2277 or Jonathan.Teoh@merrihealth.org.au
When you’re ready to apply, please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Applications close Friday 31st May 2019.
Please note that due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates may be contacted.
What else do I need to know
Successful applicants will be required to have a current National Police Check and, if relevant to the position, a Working with Children Check, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check and full Drivers Licence.
Merri Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring a safe environment for children and young people. We encourage individuals of diverse backgrounds including but not limited to those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, the GLBTIQ community and those living with a disability to apply.