Your new organisation
At Merri Health, we strive to enrich diverse communities through the provision of quality health care and support services. A career at Merri will see you contributing to a culture that affects change for our clients and the wider community. We are committed to supporting the talent and skills of our employees because we know their capability is the key to our success.
Your new role
As part of the Home Care Packages Team at Merri Health, you will be responsible for:
- Be responsible for the day to day running of the Home Care Packages Service, driving service operations and business growth
- Provide leadership and direction to inspire and empower decision making and problem solving within the Home Care Package team
- Ensure services are delivered under the principles of Consumer Directed Care, Aged Care Quality Framework, and appropriately developed care plans that support assessed client goals, diverse needs, wellness and reablment principles within allocated package budgets.
Based at our Merri Central site located in Coburg, this is a full-time position offered on an ongoing basis. To be considered for this position, applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
What you’ll need to succeed
To be successful with Merri you will go above and beyond to achieve great results for our clients, the organisation and yourself. We’re looking for individuals with:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline and demonstrated experience leading a service and team
- Demonstrated ability to translate funding guidelines and quality assurance principles into daily practice to support positive service outcomes and business growth
- Relevant experience and capacity to provide effective support and supervision to case management and support staff
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal and ability to influence desired outcomes.
- Experience supporting teams through change management processes
- Well developed negotiation and problem solving skills, and the ability to form and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- Computer literacy, including Excel, financial software, database management and reporting
- Broad understanding of the Aged Care Sector and Home Care Packages
What we offer
The successful applicant will enjoy the opportunity to lead a dedicated and skilled team and positively influence the growth of Merri Health's Home Care Package Service, supporting persons over 65 to remain living well at home.
We offer a diverse, inclusive and flexible environment which encourages you to bring your whole self to work. As the successful applicant you’ll be joining an organisation where you will be supported to grow, learn and develop your skills to reach your potential.
What you need to do now
Start by reviewing the attached position description. If this peaks your interest, take a few minutes to learn more about us on our website. If you have any questions, please contact Christina Micallef, Coordinator Home Care & Healthy Ageing on (03) 8319 7465 or Christina.Micallef@merrihealth.org.au.
When you’re ready to apply, please email your CV, covering letter and response to key selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close 3rd May 2019.
Please note that due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates may be contacted.
What else do I need to know
Successful applicants will be required to have a current National Police Check and, if relevant to the position, a Working with Children Check, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check and full Drivers Licence.
Merri Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring a safe environment for children and young people. We encourage individuals of diverse backgrounds including but not limited to those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, the GLBTIQ community and those living with a disability to apply.