Your new organisation
At Merri Health, we strive to enrich diverse communities through the provision of quality health care and support services. A career at Merri will see you contributing to a culture that affects change for our clients and the wider community. We are committed to supporting the talent and skills of our employees because we know their capability is the key to our success.
Your new role
As part of the Cardiac and Respiratory team at Merri Health, your main responsibilities will include:
- Providing leadership and direction to the Multidisciplinary Team in the day to day operations in order to ensure high quality, best practice care is delivered, in line with Merri Health Strategic Direction
- Using best practice guidelines, drive the development of the cardiac and respiratory service stream based on market research and collaborate with key stakeholders to develop and implement robust referral pathways
- Establishing innovative models of care ranging from prevention through to chronic disease management.
- Collaborating with the team to embed a culture of continuous quality improvement and lead staff in the promotion of quality and safety
This is a part time role offered on an ongoing basis and will based at our Coburg site.
Please note that a secondment to the role would be considered and this position may be able to to be offered full time and will be discussed with candidates at Interview.
In order to be considered for this position you must have the right to work in Australia.
What you’ll need to succeed
To be successful with Merri you will go above and beyond to achieve great results for our clients, the organisation and yourself. We’re looking for individuals with:
- Hold a post graduate qualification in a relevant clinical field or have equivalent clinical experience
- A demonstrated ability to lead a complex, multidisciplinary team
- A demonstrated understanding of cardiac and respiratory disease and the ability to use best practice guidelines to develop services with a focus on prevention, risk factor modification and chronic disease management
What we offer
Merri Health is a large Community Health Service located in the Northern suburbs of Melbourne. The Prevention and Complex Care Program is a multidisciplinary program committed to delivering high quality healthcare to our community. This exciting new post will mean that you gain experience leading a multidisciplinary team and establishing innovate models of care for people at risk of , or with established cardiac and /or respiratory disease.
We offer a diverse, inclusive and flexible environment which encourages you to bring your whole self to work. As the successful applicant you’ll be joining an organisation where you will be supported to grow, learn and develop your skills to reach your potential.
What you need to do now
Start by reviewing the attached position description. If this peaks your interest, take a few minutes to learn more about us on our website. If you have any questions, please contact Andrea Ness, Manager Prevention and Complex Care on 0429 004 176 or Andrea.Ness@merrihealth.org.au.
When you’re ready to apply, email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close 09/12/2018.
Please note that due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates may be contacted.
What else do I need to know
Successful applicants will be required to have a current National Police Check and, if relevant to the position, a Working with Children Check, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check and full Drivers Licence.
Merri Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring a safe environment for children and young people. We encourage individuals of diverse backgrounds including but not limited to those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, the GLBTIQ community and those living with a disability to apply.