Your new organisation
At Merri Health, we strive to enrich diverse communities through the provision of quality health care and support services. A career at Merri will see you contributing to a culture that affects change for our clients and the wider community. We are committed to supporting the talent and skills of our employees because we know their capability is the key to our success.
Your new role
As a part of the Integrated Family Services Team at Merri Health, you will be required to provide a range of services to vulnerable children, young people and their families including:
- Comprehensive child and family assessment,
- Casework and case management including: case plan, consultation, case development and review, advocacy, assertive outreach, psycho-education, attending case conferences, referrals, report writing and maintaining case based links and networks
- Counselling and family therapy
- Group work facilitation and evaluation
Based at our VicPlace site located in Coburg, this is a part-time (0.8 EFT) position offered on a fixed-term basis until 28th February 2020, with the possibility of extension. To be considered for this position, applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
What you’ll need to succeed
To be successful with Merri you will go above and beyond to achieve great results for our clients, the organisation and yourself. We’re looking for individuals with:
- Tertiary Qualification in Social Work or equivalent (as determined by Merri Health)
- Demonstrated experience in working with families with complex needs
- Demonstrated experience in counselling, casework and case management
- Knowledge of Child Protection and relevant legislation
- Highly developed interpersonal, oral and written skills
- Knowledge of the Family and Children’s Services sector
- Demonstrated understanding of the needs, issues and sensitivities of people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
What we offer
Working as part of a supportive team, you will enjoy excellent benefits including attractive remuneration, salary packaging and opportunities for training and professional development.
We offer a diverse, inclusive and flexible environment which encourages you to bring your whole self to work. As the successful applicant you’ll be joining an organisation where you will be supported to grow, learn and develop your skills to reach your potential.
What you need to do now
Start by reviewing the attached position description. If this peaks your interest, take a few minutes to learn more about us on our website. If you have any questions, please contact Nyree Campbell, Team Leader Integrated Family Services on (03) 9355 9962 or Nyree.Campbell@merrihealth.org.au.
When you’re ready to apply, please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Applications close 22nd March 2019.
Please note that due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates may be contacted.
What else do I need to know
Successful applicants will be required to have a current National Police Check and, if relevant to the position, a Working with Children Check, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check and full Drivers Licence.
Merri Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring a safe environment for children and young people. We encourage individuals of diverse backgrounds including but not limited to those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, the GLBTIQ community and those living with a disability to apply.