Your new organisation
At Merri Health, we strive to enrich diverse communities through the provision of quality health care and support services. A career at Merri will see you contributing to a culture that affects change for our clients and the wider community. We are committed to supporting the talent and skills of our employees because we know their capability is the key to our success.
Your new role
As part of the Family Foundations Team at Merri Health, you will be responsible for:
- Participation in Family Foundations training and ongoing consultation, review and quality development initiatives
- The co-facilitation of the Family Foundations program to couples in their home
- A commitment to the program fidelity
- Maintenance of professional client records and data collection
- Contributing to and participating in the program evaluation
- Service promotion and marketing
- A commitment to flexible working hours with some capacity for evening work
Based at our Coburg site, this is a full-time fixed term position offered on an fixed term basis until June 2020. To be considered for this position, applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
What you’ll need to succeed
To be successful with Merri you will go above and beyond to achieve great results for our clients, the organisation and yourself. We’re looking for individuals with:
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work, Welfare Work and /or Couples Counseling
- Experience providing relationship support/counseling and/or parenting support/education
- Knowledge of family relationship issues and the family life cycle
- Experience working with parents who are expecting a child or who have a child under 12 months
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and use own initiative
What we offer
You will have the opportunity to be exposed to an innovative evidence based program that aims to reduce partner conflict, promote parent mental health, and strengthen parent relationships in the early years of a child’s life. In addition, there is the opportunity to use the program to offer specialist training conducted by the international program developers
We offer a diverse, inclusive and flexible environment which encourages you to bring your whole self to work. As the successful applicant you’ll be joining an organisation where you will be supported to grow, learn and develop your skills to reach your potential.
What you need to do now
Start by reviewing the attached position description. If this peaks your interest, take a few minutes to learn more about us on our website. If you have any questions, please contact Tom Talevski, Team Leader Family Foundations on (03) 8319-7449 or Tom.Talevski@merrihealth.org.au
When you’re ready to apply, please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 5pm, 24th May 2019.
Please note that due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates may be contacted.
What else do I need to know
Successful applicants will be required to have a current National Police Check and, if relevant to the position, a Working with Children Check, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check and full Drivers Licence.
Merri Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring a safe environment for children and young people. We encourage individuals of diverse backgrounds including but not limited to those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, the GLBTIQ community and those living with a disability to apply.