Your new organisation
At Merri Health, we strive to enrich diverse communities through the provision of quality health care and support services. A career at Merri will see you contributing to a culture that affects change for our clients and the wider community. We are committed to supporting the talent and skills of our employees because we know their capability is the key to our success.
Your new role
The Family Foundations Intake Worker will maintain an accessible, efficient and effective intake, information, assessment and referral service for the Family Foundations Program. The Intake worker will provide:
- Specialist expertise and advise
- Supportive Counselling
- Triage, assessment and review
- Data system management
- Community connections and linkages; and
- Service promotion and marketing activities
The Intake role will require flexible working hours with capacity to undertake some initial contact and assessment phone calls outside of regular working hours.
Based at VicPlace located in Coburg, this is a part time (0.8 EFT) position offered on a fixed term contract until 30 June 2020. In order to be considered for this position you must have the right to work in Australia.
What you’ll need to succeed
To be successful with Merri you will go above and beyond to achieve great results for our clients, the organisation and yourself. We’re looking for individuals with:
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work, Welfare Work and/or Couples Counselling
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in intake and assessment functions
- Experience/knowledge of basic counselling, utilising a variety of intervention methods
- Demonstrated experience of working with and engaging vulnerable families with complex needs such as family violence, drug and alcohol and mental health issues
- Community and inter-agency relationship skills
What we offer
This opportunity will give you exposure to an innovative program that:
- aims to reduce partner conflict, promote parent mental health, and strengthen parent relationships in the early years of a child’s life
- will be evaluated for the first time in the Australian context
- offers specialist training conducted by the program developers
We offer a diverse, inclusive and flexible environment which encourages you to bring your whole self to work. As the successful applicant you’ll be joining an organisation where you will be supported to grow, learn and develop your skills to reach your potential
What you need to do now
Start by reviewing the attached position description. If this peaks your interest, take a few minutes to learn more about us on our website.
If you have any questions, please contact Tom Talevski, Team Leader Family Foundations on (03) 9355 9901 or Family.Foundations@merrihealth.org.au.
When you’re ready to apply, email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close 25/01/2019.
Please note that due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates may be contacted.
What else do I need to know
Successful applicants will be required to have a current National Police Check and, if relevant to the position, a Working with Children Check, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check and full Drivers Licence.
Merri Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring a safe environment for children and young people. We encourage individuals of diverse backgrounds including but not limited to those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, the GLBTIQ community and those living with a disability to apply.