- Part time position (30.4. hours / 4 days per week)
- Fixed term contract to 30 June 2021
- Wangaratta location
Your new organisation
At Merri Health, we strive to enrich diverse communities through the provision of quality health care and support services. A career at Merri will see you contributing to a culture that affects change for our clients and the wider community. We are committed to supporting the talent and skills of our employees because we know their capability is the key to our success.
Your new role
Play a key role in delivering the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) Partners in Community (PIC) Early Childhood Early Intervention (ECEI) service in the Ovens Murray regional area of Victoria. You will be the first point of contact, via phone, email or directly with families, within the ECEI team for families seeking to access support through the NDIS for their child.
- Gather initial child and family information required to screen and make first level determination of need
- Provide linkages to universal services to connect children with a disability or development delay and their families to external supports, services and groups; and
- Provide tools and resources for children with a disability or developmental delay and their families
In order to be considered for this position you must have the right to work in Australia.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Demonstrated understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme and the needs of families and children with a disability
- Proven experience in experience in an ‘intake’ and/or customer facing environment that has supported or provided services to the community
- Demonstrated understanding and/or experience of working in Early Childhood Early Intervention and of early childhood practice guidelines
- A track record of excellent customer service and/or client engagement
What we offer
We offer a diverse, inclusive and flexible environment which encourages you to bring your whole self to work. As the successful applicant you’ll be joining an organisation where you will be supported to grow, learn and develop your skills to reach your potential
What you need to do now
Start by reviewing the attached position description. If this peaks your interest, take a few minutes to learn more about us on our website.
If you have any questions, please contact Tanya Lowes, Manager Early Childhood Early Intervention Ovens-Murray on 0417 160 104 or Tanya.Lowes@merrihealth.org.au
When you’re ready to apply, email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com. Applications close 13/02/2019.
Please note that due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates may be contacted.
What else do I need to know
Successful applicants will be required to have a current National Police Check and, if relevant to the position, a Working with Children Check, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check and full Drivers Licence.
Merri Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring a safe environment for children and young people. We encourage individuals of diverse backgrounds including but not limited to those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, the GLBTIQ community and those living with a disability to apply.