Your new organisation
At Merri Health, we strive to enrich diverse communities through the provision of quality health care and support services. A career at Merri will see you contributing to a culture that affects change for our clients and the wider community. We are committed to supporting the talent and skills of our employees because we know their capability is the key to our success.
Your new role
As a part of the Aged Specialist Services Team at Merri Health, you will be required to:
- Provide high quality, evidence based services for all clients consistent with accepted professional and organisational policies and procedures, including but not limited to assessment, diagnosis and treatment of common musculoskeletal, orthopaedic and neurological conditions, including managing such conditions effectively with clients who have low health literacy
- Gait aid assessment and prescription of appropriate gait aids, subsequent funding applications/ordering of equipment as required
- Participate in project work in conjunction with other relevant health professionals, including key internal stakeholders
- Lead and participate in developing and implementing quality and service improvement activities that enhance the delivery of physiotherapy services, and undertake clinical service development responsibilities as delegated
- Model professional leadership and act as a mentor/supervisor within Physiotherapy and across disciplines and programs.
Based at our Glenroy site, this is a full time position offered on an ongoing basis. To be considered for this position, applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
What you’ll need to succeed
To be successful with Merri you will go above and beyond to achieve great results for our clients, the organisation and yourself. We’re looking for individuals with:
- Degree in Physiotherapy
- Clinical experience in musculoskeletal and/or aged care physiotherapy
- Clinical experience and interest in working with clients who have dementia
- Leadership skills and initiative in developing and promoting evidence-based clinical care
- Demonstrated ability to impart knowledge to staff at all levels and across services, as well as members of the wider community.
What we offer
You will have the opportunity to work with a wide range of clinical presentations with clients over 65 years of age, and also specialise in working with clients who have dementia or memory loss who are living in the community.
This role is an ideal opportunity for a Physiotherapist who has skills in dementia care and/or is wanting to develop further skills in this clinical specialty. Ongoing training, mentoring and supervision will be provided to the successful candidate.
We offer a diverse, inclusive and flexible environment which encourages you to bring your whole self to work. As the successful applicant you’ll be joining an organisation where you will be supported to grow, learn and develop your skills to reach your potential.
What you need to do now
Start by reviewing the attached position description. If this peaks your interest, take a few minutes to learn more about us on our website. If you have any questions, please contact Daniel Calleja, Team Leader Aged Specialist Services on (03) 9304 9208 or Daniel.Calleja@merrihealth.org.au.
When you’re ready to apply, please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close 20th March 2019.
Please note that due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates may be contacted.
What else do I need to know
Successful applicants will be required to have a current National Police Check and, if relevant to the position, a Working with Children Check, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme Check and full Drivers Licence.
Merri Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring a safe environment for children and young people. We encourage individuals of diverse backgrounds including but not limited to those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, the GLBTIQ community and those living with a disability to apply.